A graphing calculator is an absolute necessity in today’s high-school curricula, in higher education and for professionals. The Orion TI-84 Plus is the world’s first fully accessible handheld graphing calculator. Based on the popular TI-84 Plus model from Texas Instruments, the market-leader in calculators and educational technology, the Orion TI-84 Plus represents a breakthrough in STEM education for blind and visually-impaired students.
Since its functions are exactly the same as the TI-84 Plus, the Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator is very easy for teachers to help with. A high-quality, synthesized voice announces each key and the answer on the display, providing a choice of speech rates, voices, etc.
The Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator consists of a compact accessory that is attached to the top of the TI-84 Plus and enables someone who is visually impaired to interact with the TI-84 Plus using speech, audio, and haptic (vibration) feedback. The high-quality synthesized speech reads out all textual and symbolic information on the LCD screen, as well as each key-press. Graphs can be explored using either spoken announcements or the unique Sono Graph audio and haptic feedback which provides multi-modal feedback. The user can also review the contents of the screen at any time, including all text and graphical information, without affecting the calculation. The Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator is fully expandable with hardware accessories through a USB port and can also print or emboss graphs when connected to a printer or embosser.
A high-capacity rechargeable battery provides many hours of continuous operation and an AC adapter is included to charge it. An automatic power-off feature further extends battery life. The unit comes with high-quality stereo earphones, user manual in audio and digital form, and an AC adapter/charger. The unit can also be charged while connected to a computer’s USB port.
- Easy for teachers to help with – LCD display and keypad functionality is identical to the standard TI-84 Plus
- An amazing list of scientific, statistical, and financial functions
- Unique Learning Mode for instantaneous key identification without interrupting operation
- Calculator functions have the benefit of decades of experience from TI, the world leader in calculators
- Full access to all menus, expressions, text, and symbols displayed on the screen
- Use the screen reader to review the screen without losing your place
- Superb synthesized speech quality with the choice of voices, speech rates, and pitch
- Full access to graphs through speech output of coordinates and the innovative Sono Graph, including differential, sounds for negative regions and axis crossing points
- Unique haptic feedback for multi-modal visualization of graphs
- Listen using stereo earphones or built-in stereo speakers
- Ergonomically designed; Large, tactile, functionally zoned keys
- Each key is spoken when pressed
- Repeat facility to speak the display (or parts of it) at any time
- Scroll the history of calculations and quickly recall input/output
- High capacity rechargeable battery
- Battery or AC adapter operation; charge from a USB port
- Connect to your computer via USB cable to print or emboss graphs and other work (requires a printer or embosser)
- Expandable hardware accessories using the USB port
- Fully upgradeable via supplied USB cable
- Dimensions: 9.3 inches x 3.5 inches x 1 inch
- Included accessories: High-quality stereo earphones for private use, AC adapter/charger, user manual
- One-year limited warranty
- TI-84 Plus is a trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Sono-Graph is a trademark of Orbit Research.