Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator Resources
For customer service and technical support, please contact the distributor from whom you purchased the product. A list of distributors can be found here.
If you purchased the product directly from Orbit Research, please contact us at: email@example.com, or at +1-302-683-1063
Software Packages and drivers
- Download Most Recent Firmware – Keep your Ti-84 device up to date
- User Guide – View Orion TI-84 Plus User’s Guide in PDF, WORD and HTML formats
- Quick Start Guide – View Orion TI-84 Plus Quick Start Guide in PDF and WORD formats
- Orion TI-84 Plus Upgrade Utility – User Guide v0.7 – Guide for Orion TI-84 Plus Software Upgrade
- FAQs – Frequently asked questions
Orion TI-84 Plus Introductory Videos by Chase Crispin
Orion TI-84 Plus Tutorial Videos by Susan Osterhaus
- Introduction to the Tutorials
- Graphing Simple Functions
- Plotting Points and Best Fit
- Working with Matrices
- Entering a Function
- Setting Playback Duration
- Reading Graph Screen
- Finding the Y Value
- Finding the Zeros of a Function
- Finding the Minimum
- Intersection of Two Functions – Part I
- Intersection of Two Functions – Part II
- Slope of a Linear Equation
- Setting the Graph Window
Orion TI-84 Plus podcasts and audio tips
- Introduction to the Orion TI-84 Plus – An in-depth introduction to the TI-84 Plus features, buttons, and use by Chase Crispin.
- Sin(X) A quick audio example of graphing Sin(x) by Ken Perry.
- Exploring Graph A quick audio example of walking a graph by tone, speech, and moving to a location on a graph using a value by Ken Perry.
- Inverse matrix A quick audio example of entering a Matrix and taking the inverse by Ken Perry.
The following links are accessible versions of the TI-84 Plus Guidebook which can be found at Texas Instruments Downloads web site:
Iowa Braille School Graphing Calculator Resources
Some helpful handouts and resources can be found on the Iowa Braille School resource page. Including:
- Orion and TI-84 keystrokes quick reference handout
- Printing a graph to the ViewPlus Tiger embosser handout
Additional Documentation and Resources
TI Basic Applications already accessible or modified for accessibility
- Quadratic equation program – A program that takes A, B, and C, and returns the two roots of a quadratic equation.
- Quadratic equation audio demo – An audio demonstration of running the quadratic equation program.
- Factors program – A program that takes a number and displays a list of all factors in order. The list of factors are stored in l1 as well for future use.
TI-84 Plus Utilities
- Texas Instruments Downloads web site: where you can download TI Connect needed for printing or transferring data from the Orion TI-84 Plus to a PC or Mac.
Reviews and success stories
If you know of resources you feel we should add to this page please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org