The dimensions (W x H x D) are 168 x 35 x 112 mm. It weighs 0.63 lbs. (285 grams)
You can purchase the following accessories
- Back Cover
- Power Adapter
- USB-A to Mini USB-B Cable for Orion TI-84 Plus
- Spare Battery
The TI-84 Plus keys start at the bottom row and the columns start on the left.
The On key is located at the bottom left of the TI-84 Plus in column 1,
row 1. There are six keys on the top left side of the Orion. These keys are referenced as top, middle, bottom, and left, right. Example: The Preference key (Pref.) is the top-right key.
Position the Orion TI-84 Plus so that the keys face up and the ports are at the
top. The ports at the top of the calculator from left to right begin with the TI-84 serial link port on the far left, followed by the micro port, the Mini-B port, and finally the earphone jack on the far right. On the left and right sides of the unit, at the top and near the ports, are the two speaker grills.
The Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator has two separate powers sources. The calculator uses four triple-A batteries while the Orion-accessible extension uses its own internal chargeable battery.
Selecting Graph Options from the Preferences menu opens a menu that contains the Coordinate Announcement option. This option sets the order in which the X and Y-coordinates are announced and sets whether both are announced.
The Graph Screen SonoGraph mode helps users to understand the groupings of points on non-contiguous graphs while in the Graph screen. To enter the Graph Screen SonoGraph mode, press the Graph key after entering the functions. The Graph Screen SonoGraph mode may also be used to view contiguous graphs on the Graph screen, however this method might have limited impact on a user’s understanding of contiguous graphs. When viewing contiguous data it is better to use the trace screen to audibilize the graph.
To turn on Sonograph Mode, follow the steps below:
1 Press the Pref (Preference) key
2 Press the Home key to select Graph options
3 Arrow down to Sonograph and press the Home key to select
4 Arrow down to On and press the Home key to select.
Note: the default setting is Off
5 Orion announces “sonograph enabled” when steps 1 through 4 are completed
Yes you can connect Orbit Reader 20 with the Orion TI-84 Plus.
To print or emboss, it is first necessary to connect your Orion TI-84 Plus to your computer. You need two things to enable the calculator to communicate with your computer for printing and embossing:
- TI ConnectTM Software
- TI Connectivity USB Graph Link Cable. (Note: This is not the Standard A to Mini-B cable included with your purchase.)
It has Graph Option, Speech Option, braille Option, Speech and tone Mode, Replaying Graph, Replaying indicators of a Graph, Reviewing the screen.
The device has a standard 1-year warranty from the date of purchase and you can purchase an extended warranty within 60 days from the date of purchase.
If the unit is not charging, the charging circuit on PCB, the USB port or battery may have some issue.
- Connect the device to a known good wall charger through USB meter. Check if it announces “charger connected” message and USB meter shows some current reading.
- If it announces “charger connected” message” and USB meter shows some current reading, let the unit charge for an hour. The battery% should increase. If unit does not increase, replace he battery and check. If battery% does not increases even after replacing the battery, some issue with other circuit on PCB, send it to repair.
- If it does not announce “charger connected” message, some issue with USB port, send it to repair.
This could be due to battery issue (AAA batteries) in TI calculator or some issue with TI calculator. Replace the batteries in TI calculator and check. If unit does not work after replacing the batteries in TI calculator, then there are internal batteries on back of the device on top corner. Please remove and reinsert it. If that does not work then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect Orion TI-84 Plus in upgrade mode in order to upgrade the device. You can upgrade your device with the windows computer.
To reset, turn the Orion TI-84 Plus off by pressing the 2nd key followed by the On key. When the calculator is off, press the Shift and CTRL keys together on the Orion. Then, turn the calculator back on by pressing the ON key. You should hear the Orion TI-84 Plus power on, at which point you can continue your work from where you left off. If the Orion does not come on, repeat the above steps. You may need to do this a couple of times. If it still doesn’t turn on, contact customer service at email@example.com
To reset, turn the Orion TI-84 Plus off by pressing the 2nd key followed by the On key. When the calculator is off, press the Shift and CTRL keys together on the Orion. Then, turn the calculator back on by pressing the ON key. You should hear the Orion TI-84 Plus power on, at which point you can continue your work from where you left off.
You can email us the details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Orbit Research warrants the Orion TI-84 Plus hardware product against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the purchase date, by the original purchaser (“Warranty Period”). If a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received by Orbit Research, within the Warranty Period, at its option and to the extent permitted by law, the defective hardware will be repaired or replaced. An extended one-year warranty can be purchased within 60 days for $149.00 at the purchase time of the Orion TI-84 Plus by the original purchaser.
For technical support, you can email the details at email@example.com
Reinsert the battery by following the below steps for TI-84 Plus.
- Please flip over the device so the keys and button is facing down.
- Please remove two rubber feet located towards the top of the unit and that will review the two screws underneath of rubber feet.
- Remove the screw using the screwdriver
- Once the screws are removed then remove the battery cover
- Gently Lift the battery and remove the connector
- Then it will remove the battery
- To replace the battery connect the battery connector to the device
- Placed gently into the battery compartment and guide the wire around the battery
- Placed the battery cover back in the unit and reapply two screws and put the two rubber fits back on the unit.