For customer service and technical support, please contact the distributor from whom you purchased the product. A list of distributors can be found here.
If you purchased the product directly from Orbit Research, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or at +1-302-683-1063
FAQs– Frequently Asked Questions
Software Packages and drivers
- Download Most Recent Firmware – Keep your Orbit Reader 20 device up to date
- Download the Bootloader Upgrade Package – Update the bootloader of your Orbit Reader 20 to enable the firmware upgrade using SD card
- Download Localization Package – Add a language of your choice
- OR-20 JAWS Driver v1.0.4 – JAWS Driver for Orbit Reader 20 (The driver installation is not required if JAWS version is JAWS 2018.1803.24 (March 2018) or later).
- Virtual COM Port Driver – Virtual Com port driver to use Orbit Reader 20 in serial mode
- Download previous firmware release versions – An archive of software release packages for Orbit Reader 20 device
- Download OR-20 User Guide – Documentation in BRF, Doc, PDF, and HTML Formats
- Download OR-20 Bootloader Upgrade User Guide – Documentation in Doc, PDF formats
- Download OR-20 Quick Start Guide – Documentation in PDF and Word Format
- OR-20 Commands Quick Reference Guide v0.2 – A guide for quick reference of various OR-20 commands
Useful software tools (Third party)
- BrailleBlaster™ is a full-featured transcription software package for creating quality formatted braille.
- DAISY™ Pipeline provides a comprehensive solution for converting text documents into accessible formats, including braille PEF (Portable Embosser Format).
- Send to Braille is a shortcut that adds braille to the Windows® Send To menu, which can convert files on your computer into unformatted BRL (Braille Ready Format) files.
- Biblos is a free software tool that combines the worlds of Word processing and Braille translation.
- EasyConverter Express is affordable and simple to use, converting Word documents to accessible information on demand and in seconds.
- Pandoc is very famous for converting files from one markup format into another.
- Easy converter helps you edit, translate various input document types.
- Duxbury – DBT is widely used braille translation software with maximum braille language support.
- Sao Mai Braille (SMB) is a rich text editing and Braille translation software.
Introductory videos by Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
OR-20 videos by APH
OR-20 videos by RNIB
- Instructional Articles
- Layout and Menu Structure of the Orbit Reader 20
- File Structure of the Orbit Reader 20.
- Reading and Working in Files on the Orbit Reader 20
- Editing Basics on the Orbit Reader 20
- Translating a File Created on the Orbit to Print
- Using the Orbit Reader with a Chromebook
- Using an Orbit Reader with an iOS Device
- Orbit Reader 20: Using the Orbit with a Windows PC
Sources of Braille Content
- Project Gutenberg offers over 59,000 free eBooks. Choose among free epub and Kindle eBooks, download them or read them online
- Bookshare® dynamically generates braille formatted files from the titles in its library.
- National Library Service(NLS) provides professionally transcribed, formatted files through the Web Braille project.
- American Printing House for the Blind(APH) transcribes textbooks for K-12 students.
- National Braille Press(NBP) produces braille books, textbooks, tests, and information for adults and children.
- Louis Database lists titles produced by over 160 organizations.
- Sugamya Pustakalaya is India ‘s first and largest collection of accessible books
- State Library of North Carolina is the catalyst for exceptional library services in North Carolina
- American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults offers free books through Free Braille Books Program