- Modern notetaker – redefines convenience and affordability
- Braille input and speech output
- Use stand-alone or connected to a computer or mobile device
- Book-reader mode – read your favorite books and files from SD Card
- Note-taker mode – take notes and edit files
- Onboard Apps: Clock and Alarm, Calendar, Address book, Calculator
- Switch easily and instantly between modes and apps
- Onboard forward and backward translation with support for 40+ languages
- High-quality Speech output and Haptic (vibration) feedback
- Connect to the Internet, computers and smartphones with onboard WiFi, Bluetooth and USB
- Ergonomic Perkins-style braille keyboard with high-quality scissors keys for smooth and quiet operation
- Cursor pad with 4-way arrows and select keys for easy navigation
- Works with all popular screen readers on Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Chrome OS and Linux
- Read and send messages and emails
- Browse the internet
- Control your computer or smartphone
- USB-C port for charging and connectivity
- Headphone jack and SD Card slot
- Fast-charging long-life battery
- Ultra-compact, lightweight and durable design easily fits in the pocket or purse
- 5 oz, 6.3 x 2.6 x 0.6 inches
- 180 grams, 16.0 x 6.5 x 1.5 cm
Orbit Speak – Speech-based Braille Notetaker
The Orbit Speak is equipped with features of a modern braille notetaker with a braille keyboard and synthesized speech output in a compact, pocket-sized device.
It offers built-in note-taking and productivity applications including a book reader, file editor, calendar, address-book, calculator, clock and alarms. It can also connect to smartphones and computers and provides a convenient way to enter text in braille and control the device without having to use touch gestures.
Weighing less than eight ounces, the Orbit Speak is similar in size to modern smartphones, allowing it to fit comfortably in a pocket or purse. Despite its compact size, it provides an ergonomic Perkins-style braille keyboard, with high-quality scissors keys and includes a cursor keypad for navigation.
The Orbit Speak is a perfect complement to the Orbit Reader family of braille displays and the Orbit Writer. It combines the compact form-factor of the Orbit Writer with the note-taker features of the Orbit Reader while adding high-quality speech output to offer the essential functions users expect from note-takers. The onboard Wi-Fi is a game-changer, enabling instant access to the vast variety of online services and information available on the internet.
For students, it is a convenient note-taker in the classroom and for reading. The onboard braille translator enables them to do classwork and homework assignments and easily share them with teachers. For adults, it provides rapid access to professional and leisure reading, the ability to take notes in meetings or at home and a powerful set of productivity tools.
The Orbit Speak supports a wide range of languages and is designed for worldwide use. Popular file formats are supported for reading and editing. Hotkey combinations allow easy and rapid switching between apps and between standalone and connected modes, enabling a high degree of productivity.
The Orbit Speak connects to computers and smartphones over Bluetooth or USB, providing an instant, seamless connection to multiple devices simultaneously and allows switching between devices with a simple key combination. It is fully supported by the extensive ecosystem of screen-readers available for the Orbit Reader family of braille products and works out of the box with iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, Amazon Fire tablets, Chromebooks, and Windows, Mac and Linux computers. In connected mode, it can be used to read and send text messages and emails, browse the internet and social media channels, control all functions of the smartphone, tablet or computer, and operate all apps.
The Orbit Speak comes with a full-sized SD Card slot and includes a built-in speaker, headphone jack and a vibrator to provide haptic feedback for status indications. It is powered by a fast-charging lithium-ion battery, which is charged through the USB-C port. It can be attached to a lanyard or strap to provide convenient carrying options. A custom-designed carrying case is also available.